Friday, December 14, 2012

Fun on Friday no. 2 - Barbies

Despite having played with Barbies myself as a young girl I never really wanted Monster to have any. I didn't want her growing up thinking that's what women were supposed look like. I figured there were plenty of other toys that would be, well, better, and she would be perfectly happy without them. Fast forward to present. She see previews for Barbie movies on some her her other DVD's and begs to watch them. I cave. She loves these movies and while I would not go so far as to say I like them, I don't hate them. She could be watching worse. She has also been gifted a few Barbie dolls since her birthday this summer and started taking interest in actually playing with them. Today she talked me into playing Barbies with her. My confession: I had a blast. Our Barbies went to the park, on a tractor ride, they ate ice cream, and watched the fireworks. It brought back so many memories from my own childhood. Who would have thought that playing with Barbies would end up being such a special bonding time for her and I?

No comments:

Post a Comment